Find excerpts from Hand to Mouth and supplemental material below. Please read passages from Hand to Mouth before our meetings. There will be time allotted for other articles, videos, films, etc. during our meetings unless otherwise noted.
Week 1: January 8, 2018
- Heritage Foundation http://www.heritage.org/poverty-and-inequality/report/how-poor-are-americas-poor-examining-the-plague-poverty-america
- New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/29/opinion/sunday/why-cant-we-end-poverty-in-america.html
- 20/20 clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhh0Qcl_yMA
Week 2: January 15, 2018
- Heritage Foundation http://www.heritage.org/poverty-and-inequality/report/air-conditioning-cable-tv-and-xbox-what-poverty-the-united-states
- PBS Frontline "Poor Kids: Childhood Poverty in the U.S."
Week 3: January 22, 2018
- Shameless: season 1 episode 1
- Roseanne: season 1 episode 1
- The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/01/showtimes-shameless-new-show-about-poverty/69108/
Week 4: January 29, 2018
- PBS Frontline "Two American Families"